Tuesday, December 7, 2010

and so life truely does move on. Sunday 9:01 p.m.

   Tomorrows deadline.
    Five tape recorded interviews, two dead response emails, and one interview still wanting to be done later I sit at my computer.
    Nothing. 
    I am the managing editor for my high school newspaper and I am color coded. Every part of the day is timed out, every assignment is met, everything orangized. So here I sit, ready to finish my story of students entering the military next year.
    Again, nothing.
    This is how I write. Nearly every paragraph - somehow combined into one coherent piece - starts as its own 5-6 word incomplete sentence. Some may connect to other blips or phrases that pop into my head, but for the most part each sentence originates from a random burst of thought (I take them as I can). Over time those random bursts of originality all start to eventually evolve and morph into one another.
     Creativity when forced is a disaster.
     Tomorrows deadline. Wednesday a new one will be set. Things keep moving, my fingers keep typing, and some how life moves on.
     So tell me blank page, what will you look like tomorrow morning?

1 comment:

  1. Impressive - managing editor! :) I can't NOT comment on your first post, after putting my 2 cents on the other two.

    I agree with the "creativity when forced is a disaster" statement - I can look back on my own posts and see which ones I wasn't really in the mood to write.

    It does seem you have a lot going for you - keep on track! :)

    ReplyDelete